- ‘User fees in public health care Institutions’ jointly with Subrata K. Mondal in Prasad, Sujata and C. Sathyamal (edits), Securing Health for All: Dimensions and Challenges, New Delhi: Institute for Human Development, 2006. pp 491 – 505.
- ‘Communal Relations and Social Integration’, in India: Social Development Report, jointly with Azra Razzak, published by Oxford University Press: New Delhi in 2006.
- ‘Some thoughts an nature and persistence of poverty in India’, in Diwakar, D. M and G. P. Mishra (edit), Deprivation and Inclusive Development, published by Manak Publications: New Delhi in 2006, PP 295-335.
- ‘Food and Nutritional Status of the Poor in India: A State Level Analysis’, jointly with Prabir K. Ghosh and Abhilasha Sharma, in M. S Swaminathan and Pedro Medrano (eds.), Towards Hunger Free India: From Vision to Action, Chennai: East West Books (Madras) Pvt. Ltd.
- ‘The Impact of Privatization on Competition: A case Study of India’ jointly with Dr. Kanhaiya Singh in a two day conference organised by Indian Council of Social Science Research (ICSSR), Organisation Cooperation and Development (OECD) and Centre for Cooperation with Non-Members (CCNM), Paris on Privatization and Corporate Governance of State Owned Assets in ICSSR Campus, New Delhi; November 27-28.
- ‘Rural Non farm Employment in India: Access, Incomes and Poverty Impact’, Jointly with Peter Lanjouw, in Abusaleh Shariff and Maithreyi Krishnaraj (eds) State and Markets in Human Development in India, Orient Longman Press (forthcoming).
- ‘Household Food and Nutrition Security in India’, in S. Babu and A. Gulati (eds) Economic Reforms and Food Security in South Asia, Oxford University Press (forthcoming); also presented in a workshop on ‘Welfare, Demography and Development’ organized by Cambridge University, Cambridge, 11-12 September, 2001.
- ‘Determinants of Maternal Health Care Utilization in India: Evidence from a National Survey’, jointly with Geeta Singh, in Abusaleh Shariff and Maithreyi Krishnaraj (eds.) State and Markets in Human Development in India, Orient Longman Press (forthcoming).
‘Indexing Human Development in India: indicators, scaling and composition’, jointly with Amitabh Kundu and Prabir Ghosh, in Abusaleh Shariff and Maithreyi Krishnaraj (eds) State and Markets in Human Development in India, Orient Longman Press (forthcoming).
- ‘Human Development Profile of Rural India’, in Raja J. Chelliah and R. Sudarshan (eds) Income Poverty and Beyond: Human Development in India, pp. 53-71, 1999, New Delhi: Social Science Press.
- ‘An Integrated view of Development: Income Distribution, Employment and Social Security during the Structural Reforms’ in UNDP- EDAP Joint Policy Studies Series 9, Social Reform and Development in the Asia Pacific, Seoul: Korea Development Institute, 1999. Earlier presented in a regional conference on Social Implications of the Asian Financial Crisis, organized jointly by the Korea Development Institute, UNDP and Economic Development Institute of the World Bank, July 29-31, 1998, Seoul, Korea.
‘Economic and Human Development in India: Linkages and Issues’, in UNDP – EDAP Joint Policy Studies, Social Reform and Development in the Asia Pacific, Seoul: Korea Development Institute, 1998.
- ‘Economic and Policy Reforms and Employment in Manufacturing Sector’, in Concept and Measurement of Labour Flexibility with Special Reverence to Organized Sector in India, Seminar proceedings jointly published by Institute of Applied Manpower Research and Department of Statistics, Government of India, New Delhi, November 1997, pp 39-53.
- ‘Women’s Status and Child Health’, in Krishnaraj, Maithreyi, Ratna M Sudarshan and Abusaleh Shariff (eds), Gender Population and Development, New Delhi: Oxford University Press, 1998: pp 185-219.
- ‘Gender Disparities in Literacy, Schooling and Cost of Education in Rural India’, jointly with Tarujyoti Buragohain and K.K. Tripathy, (Hindi translated version) in a monograph published by National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, New Delhi; presented in a National seminar on `Cost of Education', Organized by National Institute of Educational Planning and Administration, 31 December, 1996 - 2 January 1997.
- ‘Education and Health Transition in India’, proceedings of a conference of Structural Adjustment and Gender in India, published jointly by Federic Ebert Foundation and UNDP, pp. 45-117, New Delhi, India, 1996.
- ‘Prospects of Trade in Health’, in Prasad, H.A.C. and Rajendar Kapoor (eds) Trade in Invisibles: An Indian Perspective,: pp. 111-120, New Delhi: Commonwealth publishes, 1996.
- ‘Widowhood in India’, in J.P.Singh (ed), Indian Woman, New Delhi: Gyan Publishers, 1996.
- ‘A comparative Study of Fertility Determinants in Togo and Uganda: A Hazard Model Analysis’, Proceedings of the International Congress of the IUSSP, held at Montreal, Canada, August 1993.
- ‘A few cultural concepts and socio-behavioral aspects of human health in India’, in Caldwell, J Etal (eds) What we know about Health Transition: the cultural, social and behavioral determinants of health, the proceedings of an International Workshop, pp. 788-805, 1990, Canberra: The Australian National University.